coinsurance

Pronunciation:(KOH-in-SHOOR-ents)

Definition: The amount of money not covered by a patient’s health insurance that the patient pays for each healthcare service. For example, if a plan covers 80% of the cost of a service, then the coinsurance that the patient pays will be the remaining 20% of the cost.Cancer.govPatient

coseguroCantidad de dinero que no está cubierta por el seguro de salud del paciente y que debe pagar por cada servicio de atención de la salud. Por ejemplo, si el plan paga 80 % del costo del servicio, el coseguro que el paciente pague será el 20 % restante del costo.Cancer.govPatient2017-03-03